What is PTA?
Clara H. Carlson Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA)is a local chapter of the national PTA, an organization comprised of more than 4 million parents nationwide. We are a volunteer-led parent teacher association that works collaboratively to elevate and enrich the academic and social partnership within the school and community for the benefit of students.
Who Can Join the PTA?
- Guardians and Caretakers
- School Faculty and Staff
- Why Join Carlson PTA?
Joining the PTA is one of the greatest opportunities to support your school while benefiting your scholar. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school perform better child’s education is the #1 influencer for them doing better in school. When parents are plugged in school, their children do better. The PTA membership offers many advantages:
- Get Connected
There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school than to engage with other parents, teachers, community members, school administrators and our district leaders at PTA meetings and sponsored events.
- Discover Great Resources
The PTA offers a variety of programs and initiatives designed to connect the community and support the family as well as our scholars.
- Tap into a Network
PTA meetings and sponsored events are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow
By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and your community.
- Have Your Voice Heard
The PTA is a powerful platform and offers efficient pathways for you to voice your opinion and suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement
By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
The ABC’s of PTA . . .
- The ASSOCIATION consists of all those who join PTA through membership dues.
- The Executive BOARD consists of the elected officers, immediate past president, committee chairpersons, and the principal.
- The Executive COMMITTEE consists of the elected officers listed below:
2019-2020 PTA Executive Committee Members
President Marie Toussaint
Honorary 3rdVice Stacia Walfall
Recording Secretary Armeen Akhtar
Treasurer Nicolas Edon
Elmont Interschool Council Delegate: Julia Perry
Sewanhaka Central High School District Council Delegates:
Mail/In-person drop-off: PTA Mailbox Main Office
Clara H. Carlson Elementary
235 Belmont Blvd., Elmont, NY
Help us earn cash for our school:
- By sending in your Box Top purchases throughout the school year.
- Use our unique charity link https://smile.amazon.com/ch/11-3233340every time you make a purchase on amazon,a percentage of your purchase goes to the CHC PTA!!!
- You can also join online by visiting our memberhub: https://nyspta-55555.memberhub.store